In November 2016, I was able to attend a 3 day Renovating for Profit workshop in Sydney, NSW run by none other than Cherie Barber – Australia’s renovation queen!!
Information covered topics such as:
- determining what strategy was going to be the most effective
- what changes could be completed as part of a cosmetic renovation that would not require council approval
- what style of home was most suited to a cosmetic renovation
- the time frames that should be allowed in which to undertake a cosmetic renovation
- how to determine what purchase price should be offered in order to drive a good profit
- tips on the most effective changes to make in order to gain the optimum return
- tips on styling
- an overview of building and planning regulations
- how to drive a project plan
- managing and mitigating risk on a project
- the importance of mindset
Since undertaking this workshop, I have completed a successful renovation of an investment property in Pakenham, Vic and a number of other small projects.